Higher education may appear to be a slow-moving entity but rapid innovation is required to stay current in today's world. More and more administrators, educators and students are looking to digital communication, social media and mobile applications - so we've compiled some resources that you may find helpful. If you have specific questions or inquiries, direct them to email@example.com.
Quick Reference - Visuals
- Infographic (Verge Pipe Media) - is social media important to you? How would you like the University to communicate with you? Results from as a survey of over 25,000 students, parents, alumni and faculty at a prominent SEC university.
- Higher Ed Pinterest Board (Verge Pipe Media) - a visually stimulating directory of the some of our favorite content to cross our corner of the digital world.
- Almanac of Higher Education (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
Quick Reference - Helpful Lists & Blogs
- Twitter List (Inside Higher Ed) - a directory of prominent hashtags, tweetups and account names associated with the realm of higher education.
- 50 Must-Read Higher Education Technology Blog (Ed Tech)
- Top 100 Most Influential Education Blogs (Onalytica)
- Blog High Ed - network of higher education - related blogs
- Wires Crossed - Yale University students blog about how social media and technology impact their on-campus experience
Verge Pipe Media - Case Studies
- Social Media (2/20/2013) - #SeeBlue: A Word-of-Mouth Case Study
- Social Media (1/23/2013) - Top Business Schools Using Social Media
- Athletics (1/18/2013) - College Athletics Social Media Fan Response
- Tech (1/16/2013) - 2 Universities with iTunesU + iPad Combo
- General (12/17/12) - What Can Traditional Colleges Learn from Online Universities?
- Alumni (12/05/12) - Alumni Relations: Social Media Case Studies
- Athletics (11/28/12) - Case Study: Social Strategy Playbook
- Admissions (2/8/13) - Tumblr and Higher Education
- Admissions (11/14/12) - Case Studies: Admissions and Social Media
- Students (11/07/12) - Case Studies: Higher Ed Goes Mobile (Student Perspective)
Verge Pipe Media - Insights
- General (2/18/2013) - Word-of-Mouth Marketing in Higher Education
- General (2/4/2013) - The Learning Shift & Classroom Innovation
- General (1/21/2013) - Why So Serious? Brand Levity Vs. Brand Politics
- Tech (1/14/2013) - Tech Watch List for 2013: Higher Education
- Students/Alumni (1/9/2013) - Phantom Jobs & How to Prep for a Career
- Alumni (1/3/2013) - Social Fundraising: Where donors become fundraisers
- Alumni (12/03/12) - Staying Connected with College Graduates: Social Media and Alumni
- Athletics (11/26/12) - Get in the Game: Social Media, School and Athletics
- Admissions (2/25/13) - Welcome, Class of 2017
- Admissions (11/12/12) - Admissions Office, Using Social Media to Connect
- Social Media (11/05/12) - Using Social Media for Higher Education
Would you like more information on what we do? Feel free to download our service roster, or give us a call!
[email-download download_id="1" contact_form_id="61"]
Verge Pipe Media assists public institutions, enterprises and the non-profit sector with Imaginative Inbound Marketing strategies + campaigns. We also have a development team chock full of Marvelous Mobile Migrators, poised to help transition our clients into a mobile + social world with custom software, iOS and Android mobile apps.