Higher education has evolved. Traditional marketing is no longer producing results like it used to. While researching different marketing types, you come across Inbound Marketing. What is Inbound? It is a type of marketing that focuses on attracting customers through content and interactions by publishing the right content, in the right place, at the right time. Overall, making your marketing become relevant and helpful to your customers, rather than interrupting their lives. Inbound Marketing has been the proven methodology since 2006.
THE INBOUND METHODLOGY
There are four marketing stages that are used in Inbound called The Inbound Methology. These stages are guidelines to help you ultimately transfer leads into customers and promoters of your brand or your business.
THE BENEFITS OF INBOUND MARKETING
Now that you know more about what inbound marketing is, the question that's left is "How can Inbound help me in higher education?'' There are MANY benefits of using inbound marketing, especially in higher ed.
- Prospective students and parents now rely on the web as a primary source of research for finding the university they want to attend. (Over half of prospective students will visit a school's website or social media platforms at least two weeks, and sometimes two months in advance, before making a choice.)
- Traditional marketing efforts like direct mail, radio, tv, and print ads are less effective now that smartphones, tablets, and laptops are the norm.
- Colleges produce a lot of content and have stories to tell that Inbound can help get out to readers through social media, blogs, and search engines.
- Inbound can increase donor engagement, which equals more donations by interacting with alumni. Marketing automation can help improve alumni relations.
- Inbound promotes brand awareness and visibility to help set your school apart from the competition.
- It also generates quality traffic and leads by providing value and establishing your business as reputable and trustworthy.
- Reputation is everything- Inbound can help you keep your school in the clear by being in the know.
- There is visible ROI (Return on Investment) and compared to the past of sending flyers, magazines and college represenatives across the country, it proves to be a very cost effective channel of marketing.
Are you ready to make the leap from the digitally naive to the digitally native? If you are not seeing a great ROI with your current marketing efforts, we are here to help. Download this free eBook to learn more about the core services of Inbound Marketing for Higher Ed.(license) photo credit: kuldeepk2k Internet Marketing via photopin (license)