First off, let me start by clearly stating two things:
- We (Verge Pipe Media) are a HubSpot partner agency, and
- We (Verge Pipe Media) do not use Salesforce or Pardot.
So you might be questioning the validity of an article with an aggressive title like, "Marketing Deathmatch: HubSpot vs. Pardot."
Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for you, we had a client who recently decided to add Pardot to their toolbag when Salesforce essentially offered it to them (our client) for free. Now, it's tough enough to compete in the marketing world with clients demanding asking for lower rates and more services, but free? Let's just say everyone at Verge Pipe Media had to do a lot of homework on Pardot and as a result, learned a lot about not only their platform, but Salesforce and even more about our own: HubSpot.
Next, part of what I learned is comparing the two marketing automation platforms isn't as easy as some would have you believe and for more than just the reasons I outline below. After all, HubSpot integrates well with Salesforce but for the needs of our particular client, Pardot had the advantage of both price and filling their most immediate email marketing needs. We offered a full stack fruit basket and our client wasn't interested in the orange to apple comparison - they just wanted their pear.
One of the biggest differences between HubSpot and Pardot is that HubSpot is a complete Marketing Platform, whereas Pardot focuses mainly on marketing automation such as email drip campaigns and lead scoring. HubSpot also has marketing automation, lead scoring, and a robust Salesforce integration, but they also have many top and middle-of-the-funnel tools that Pardot does not.
HubSpot has everything a modern marketer needs to do marketing right, in an all-in-one, easy-to-use product. HubSpot's platform includes tools for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Content Management System (CMS), blogging, social media, email, automated workflows, landing pages, lead intelligence, and analytics for each and every tool, to help marketers make smarter decisions to help their businesses grow. You can see the full list of HubSpot products here.
Tools aside, one of the most stark differences in the experience of a HubSpot vs. a Pardot customer is the level of education, training, and support you’ll receive. Below I’ve outlined some of these differences for you.
- HubSpot: Every HubSpot customer gets unmetered phone, web, and Twitter support. No matter how much you pay for HubSpot, you’re always able to pick up the phone and call them for any questions or technical support you may need. You even have the option to have HubSpot call you back. However, we have rarely needed support and when we do, we utilize their handy, "Help" button in the bottom right hand corner of the browser screen where HubSpot is open.
- Pardot: If you want phone support with Pardot, you need to have their Ultimate Package which starts at $3,000 / mo.
Documentation & Knowledge Base
- HubSpot: Looking for a quick answer or a full-fledged user guide for a particular app in HubSpot? The HubSpot knowledge base has 1500+ articles and 20 User Guides.
- Pardot: Pardot has 300+ help articles in their knowledge base.
Webinars and Live Training Classes
- HubSpot: Offers on average 10-13 classes per week that cover everything from Goal Planning and SEO to Automated Workflows. HubSpot offers not only self-paced learning from on-demand videos and webinars, but also interactive live Labs led by our Inbound Professors that feature examples from other customers and Lab attendees to help fortify learning and draw stronger parallels to your own business. I can tell you that before we became a HubSpot user and agency partner, we utilized HubSpot's Inbound Certification exam for every member of the team from unpaid intern to owner (that's me).
- Pardot: Offers on average 2-3 webinars per week, focused mainly on landing pages, email automation and lead scoring.
So maybe I haven't helped you make a determination by outlining customer support and resources alone and you would like to read reviews and see what others think? This is the internet after all, and online reviews are still a great way to evaluate purchase decisions.
- VentureBeat names HubSpot the #1 marketing automation company, above Salesforce Pardot (as ranked by their 1K+ respondents.)
- HubSpot named #1 in customer satisfaction for marketing automation software by G2 Crowd (based on reviews from actual customers)
- Read some of HubSpot's 5-Star reviews on G2Crowd and some of Pardot's 5-Star reviews.
- HubSpot has 5-Star reviews on the Salesforce AppExchange, and so does Pardot: 5-Star reviews on the Salesforce AppExchange.
Finally, we will of course be there to assist our client with other needs and closely monitor their experience with Pardot. We have no plans to add Pardot to our mix of services and will instead work that much harder to show the value HubSpot's full stack solution provides, especially when coupled with a strategic inbound marketing partner like us.
If you'd like to know more about how we generate results for clients, tap the button below for our FREE case study on how we turned a non-profit fundraising event into an inbound success story that is about to celebrate a four-year anniversary!DSC04393 via photopin (license)