What is the best way for universities to market to their target audiences? Creating buyer personas! Buyer personas allow businesses to create specific content based on demographics and goals. According to Hubspot, “A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers.” In the university setting, this could be people like perspective students, students, parents, alumni, or people in the community. Read on to find out the importance of buyer personas in higher ed and how to create them.
- Buyer personas are who you create content for!
- Attract the people who are most interested in what your university has to offer.
- Help focus your marketing efforts on the most important areas.
- Create questions specific to your university.
- Research to find your target audience. An example could be things like interviewing current students or surveying prospective students.
- Analyze the results from your research to create your fictional buyer personas. Use this info to create content for specific personas.
Universities can profile customers using buyer personas to foster better relationships with their audiences. Using buyer personas, you can tailor your strategies to specific people who will respond better to what is most enjoyable and intriguing to them. To learn more about how buyer personas can attract, convert, and close leads, click below for our free eBook about applying the Inbound methodology at your university.