Every love story is beautiful, but mine happens to be my favorite. If you ever thought that marketing was unattractive, I was once in your shoes. Outbound marketing used to be my type, until I got tired of its inconsistency. It was not until recently that my world turned upside down and I fell head over heals for Inbound. It was love at first sight and I have never seen something more chivalric and romantic. If I had to give my top 5 reasons for loving inbound marketing, as much as I do, they would be as follows:
- It was love at first sight – Unlike Outbound; Inbound marketing had all the right looks to catch my eye. It was almost like a magnet that drew me in, unlike the abrasive sledgehammer approach that I was used to experiencing with outbound marketing. Being able to draw me in without much effort was a huge plus to me.
- Chivalry isn’t dead – Inbound always opens doors. Inbound marketing allows new opportunities to be explored that outbound sometimes cannot offer. This is something that can be extremely attractive to small businesses. Not having to blow budgets on television commercials and print ads, companies are now able to cut straight to their target audience. All thanks to Inbound!
- Romantic- There is nothing I love more than things that keep me on my toes. Inbound does a great job of keeping me engaged and always providing information that pertains to my personal needs. Always willing to start a conversation, I am never left playing the guessing game.
- I was swept off my feet – In order for your content to actually stand out amongst a crowd, it must be remarkable. It was this very quality that swept me off of my feet. Holding yourself to a high standard and focusing on both your content and context shows that you truly care and are intentional about your work. Doing the proper research to relate to your target audience will sweep them off their feet as well.
- Inbound is a leader- There is nothing more romantic that being led. Inbound marketing knows exactly how to cater to your every need. Specific calls-to-action help direct an audience to the next phase of making a decision or gaining information. Inbound is so thoughtful.
Every day I fall more and more in love with inbound marketing, and you will too, the more time you spend engaging with it. Creating lovable marketing is easy when you have a great partner to do it with. Don’t be square, change up your type and create your own love story.